The objectives of CPL are as follows:
- Demonstrate the positive impact that utilizing workers 55+ will have on meeting the needs of employers for skilled, experienced workers in coming decades
- Stimulate employers to substantially increase the utilization of workers 55+ who are qualified and willing to continue in productive activities
- Persuade employers to develop flexible workplace policies and practices that will retain and attract workers 55+ to continue in productive activities
- Increase awareness and understanding among people 55+ about the benefits and opportunities of building entrepreneurial activities or otherwise adding value
- Increase understanding about the impact of aging demographics on the U.S. economy and on our entire society in accordance with the new realities
- Expand understanding about the impact of demographic change in other countries around the world and the need to take appropriate action now.